Would you like to give your kitchen or bathroom a contemporary update? One great way to do that is to install glass tile. Glass has a sleek, modern look, perfect for adding a tile accent to backsplashes and shower surrounds. West Vancouver homeowners also appreciate that glass tile is easy to clean.
Our Floor Coverings International Northshore experts are here to help you find the perfect glass tile for your space. Here are a few tips to help you learn more about this trendy material:
About Glass Tile
- Glass tile comes in all the colors of the rainbow, as well as a variety of sizes and shapes. Some glass tile is translucent, some opaque, some textured, some smooth. You can install glass tiles that are uniform in color, size, and shape, or try a mosaic of different types.
- Glass tile is reflective, so it can help to bounce light around a small space and make it feel larger.
- Glass tile repels water and resists mold and mildew. This makes it very easy to clean and maintain, since a simple scrub with a sponge and cleaner will take care of most dirt.
- Glass tile isn’t typically used for flooring because it can be slippery. In addition, it’s not as durable as other tile materials – if you dropped something heavy on it, glass tile would likely chip or crack. That’s why glass works best when used on vertical surfaces.
- Glass tile can be pricey, so if you are on a budget, consider using it as a decorative accent in combination with more affordable materials. For example, you could add a stripe of glass tile in your shower rather than covering the entire enclosure with it.
Call and schedule a free consultation to see our vast selection of glass tile. Floor Coverings International Northshore serves homeowners in the West Vancouver area and beyond.
You might also be interested in:
Photo Credit: Artazum